Monday 23 August 2010

Profile: Gina Maffey

Name: Gina Maffey

Start date: 1st March 2010

Project/area: Looking into the potential for the use of technology as a tool for communication within deer management, part of the Natural Resource Conservation Theme.

Favourite biscuit? Without a doubt the hobnob, plain or with chocolate I'm not fussed!

Favourite place? The farm where I was brought up, especially at the beginning of Autumn

Favourite word? 'No worries' technically two words but it's probably the most used phrased in my vocabulary.

Twitter? Facebook? Other? Twitter... @ginazoo and facebook.

iPhone? Blackberry? Other? Other... Sony ericsson W980, I could do with upgrading.

What can you not live without? Music. If I could I'd have a personal soundtrack to my life.

Which character from film, television or literature most resembles you? I've been compared to Charlotte Church and Billie Piper... neither of which I can see... However, as a kid I think it was more me trying to immitate characters. In my time I have tried to be like George from 'The Famous Five,' Mary Lennox from 'The Secret Garden' and Lucy from 'The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe', along with many others.

If you weren't working at dot.rural, what would you be doing? Pursuing a job that involved being outside, abroad and most likely in the jungle.

Use ten words to describe a dot.rural colleague (without naming names): Motivated, Excitable, Organised, Intelligent, Passionate, Affable, Sociable, Modest, Diligent, Courteous.

Is there anything we don't already know about you? I continually make plans for things I would like to achieve, however from a young age four of these have never changed; To see moutain gorillas in Rwanda, to go to South Africa, to play the saxaphone and to meet David Attenborough. I have currently succeded in doing two of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment